Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mom's Story Part 7


My Brothers and Sisters:
As I have said, I was the third child.  Mayola and Louise were older, and my brother, Roscoe was three years younger than I.  

Louise was the next in line.  She was two and a half years older that I, born April 23, 1916.  Her life was like a beautiful song.  She had many trials in her younger life; too hard for many of us to stand, but it only made her more unselfish and loving.  Her married life was hard, but she developed the most Christ-like personality I have ever known.  She married Royal Preston in the Mesa Temple, December 19, 1940 and was the mother of three children, Marsha Louise, Roger Lee, and William Bowker Preston.  Her married life was spent on a ranch in Bedford, Wyoming.  One of the sorrows of our later life was to loose dear Louise after a short, violent bout with brain cancer.  She died July 9, 1975.  She was one “without guile”.  I’m so glad she was my sister.  We were very close during our childhood; always it was Louise and Bessie.  We did everything together. 
Royal and Louise 1940

Preston Ranch











Marsha Preston

Bill and Roger Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment